MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as an Workers Comp Specialist based in our office located in The Woodlands, TX. This is a full time position working Monday- Friday 8am-5pm.
The purpose of this position is to investigate, facilitate and appeal workers compensation insurance claims.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews and researches insurance claims to determine possible payment sources.
- Contact various sources including insurance professionals, patient’s, and other parties to verify relevant data.
- Coordinates with appropriate client personnel to ensure appropriate filing guidelines are met for reimbursement.
- Requests appropriate information, both verbally and written, from appropriate parties to ensure proper claim disposition.
- Maintains and updates proper account documents in multiple systems
- Performing aggressive follow upon unresolved claims and facilitates payment from appropriate payers
- Makes written or verbal appeals to payers on denied claims.
- High School Diploma or GED, some college coursework preferred
- Previous Workers Comp (WC) billing exp
- Prior collections exp a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and be able to speak professionally with patient’s and insurances
- Proven ability to be assertive in order to proactively resolve issues.
- Demonstrate ability to organize and set priorities according to situation all demands
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working knowledge of computer functions including the internet and computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn in-house computer applications.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,350 employees and growing, please visit apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an equal opportunity employer.
Workers comp, Workmans comp, WC, collections, healthcare, hospital, billing, insurance, Woodlands, Conroe, Spring, insurance claims