MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Workers Comp Claims Rep based in our Draper, Utah office. This is a full time position working Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
The purpose of this position is to bill, investigate, facilitate and appeal Workman’s Compensation insurance claims.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews and researches insurance claims to determine possible payment sources.
- Contact various sources including insurance professionals, patients, and other parties to verify relevant data.
- Coordinates with appropriate client personnel to ensure appropriate filing guidelines are met for reimbursement.
- Requests appropriate information, both verbally and written, from appropriate parties to ensure proper claim disposition.
- Maintains and updates proper account documents in multiple systems
- Performs aggressive follow upon unresolved claims and facilitates payment from appropriate payers
- Makes written or verbal appeals to payers on denied claims.
- Successfully learns VA claims handling and programs designed for military veterans, spouses and children.
- Works closely with management to keep accounts current in documentation and handling.
- High School Diploma or GED, some college coursework preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and be able to speak professionally with patient’s and insurances
- Proven ability to be assertive in order to proactively resolve issues.
- Demonstrate ability to organize and set priorities according to situation all demands
- Must be computer savvy and have experience using Microsoft Office- Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to learn in-house computer applications.
- 0-3 years of related experience in the field or in a related area
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please visit apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an equal opportunity employer.
Draper, Customer Service, office, assistant, Receptionist, Coordinator, Insurance, Representative