Do you have a passion for helping people?
Are you looking for a fulfilling, rewarding career where you can make a difference in someone’s life?
MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Bilingual Hospital Patient Advocate to work in a Hospital setting located in SouthWest Houston, TX. The schedule for this full time role is Monday-Friday 11pm-7am.
The purpose of this position is to connect uninsured hospital patients to programs that will cover their medical expenses. Working as the liaison between the patient in need, the hospital facility and government agencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Screen uninsured hospital patients in an effort to determine if patient is a viable candidate for federal, state, and/or county medical or disability assistance.
- Complete the appropriate applications and following through until approved
- Detailed, accurate and timely documentation in both MPower and the hospital systems on all cases worked
- Provide exceptional customer service skills at all times
- Participate in ongoing trainings in order to apply the content learned in dealings with patients and cases
- Maintain assigned work queue of patient accounts
- Collaborate with hospital staff, case managers, social workers, financial counselors
- Answer incoming telephone calls, make out-bound calls, and track (via MPower) all paperwork necessary to submit enrollment and renewal for prospective Medicaid patients.
- Maintain structured and timely contact with the applicant and responsible government agency, by phone whenever possible or as structured via the daily work queue.
- Assist the applicant with gathering any additional reports or records, meeting appointment dates and times and arrange transportation if warranted
- Request home visits as needed to acquire documentation
- As per established protocols, inform the client in a timely manner of all approvals and denials of coverage
- Participate in additional training requirements in an effort to stay abreast of the ever changing rules and regulations associated with the various governmental programs
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some college coursework preferred
- Prior hospital experience preferred
- Adaptability when dealing with constantly changing processes, computer systems and government programs
- Professional experience working with state and federal programs
- Exemplary critical thinking skills
- Ability to maneuver throughout the hospital and patients’ rooms for up to 8 hours per day
- Proficient experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and Outlook
- Effectively communicate both orally and written, to a variety of individuals
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Must fluently read, write & speak both English & Spanish
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an equal opportunity employer. IND123