The Vice President (VP) position functions as the General Manager of the Third Party Liability services for the organization and is responsible for developing, planning, directing, and controlling broad activities needed to ensure business success. This includes the overall process and performance that is involved with resolving hospital/physician claims related to automobile accident or other third party liability events. The VP drives the organization objectives to ensure financial and operating success through short and long range planning and action. The VP is responsible for creating an environment that engages staff, creates quality operations and administrative processes, growth, and predictable financial performance. They have overall responsibility for the operation and activities of the Third Party Liability business unit and results. The VP works within the scope of authority established by MedData while supporting and adhering to our code of ethics, business standards, mission, and core values.
The VP acts as a change agent, separating activity from performance results. He/she must be results focused with an ability to achieve through other people. This ability requires the VP to create a patient and client focused environment where employees are passionate about their roles, they see the big picture, they work collaboratively, and most of all, understand their purpose of work is to create a positive client/patient experience. As such, the VP must be proficient in creating a team environment, developing the talents of individuals on the team and be a constructive change agent. The VP’s value proposition is derived from an environment where trust and quality of work results from an engaged workforce that delivers predictable operational and financial results. The VP drives organizational change to achieve results and is the leader in executing MedData’s vision and strategy.
The VP must be able to balance the demands of a complex matrix organization while showing appropriate judgment and reasoning skills with respect to decision making. The VP is looked to as a mentor and person that creates a healthy and vibrant work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Thorough understanding of the Third Party Liability guidelines/regulations per state which includes lien filing requirements, no-fault insurance (PIP) and thresholds, and types of negligence.
- Leads the development and implementation of short and long-range plans to achieve the company goals and objectives.
- Achieve financial objectives (revenue and earnings) for his/her region/business unit.
- Contributes/directs the business development process to increase market share and sale of additional service lines to existing clients.
- Ensures that market assessment, identification of market segments and evaluation of revenue programs are conducted annually for his/her region/business unit.
- In conjunction with Corporate (sales, marketing, finance, and client engagement) departments, develops expansion plans, recommends expansion of service areas and development of new and profitable revenue ventures.
- Ensures continuous improvement of key operational and administrative processes to improve financial results and service excellence through demonstrated discipline and consistency.
- Evaluates and resolves general and specific business conditions as they relate to operational issues, and keeps appropriate corporate departments fully informed.
- Recommends, implements and administers changes to pricing as approved by Corporate. Ensures timely communication for price changes and implementation of approved pricing policies.
- Owns the TPL development process and as such, ensures that performance planning, execution and coaching, assessment of performance, potential and promote-ability, and related development plans are in place for all employees.
- Oversees the employee evaluation process, including but not limited to performance evaluations, merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions of reports.
- Ensures compliance with documented and comprehensive quality, regulatory and compliance programs.
- Ensures adherence to legal requirements and government reporting regulations. Continually monitors exposure of the organization. Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance. Submits information to appropriate company functional leader’s e.g. human resources, compliance, finance, etc. prior to distribution to government agencies.
- Education - A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting, Healthcare Management, Business (MBA/MHA) or related business field. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Revenue Cycle Management Industry, Hospital Revenue Cycle Director/VP, Clinical Services Provider, Large Group Physician Practice or Military (healthcare operations management role).
- Business Acumen – Acquires and applies up to date information from the business world, revenue cycle and healthcare industries and cross-functional knowledge. Acquires, applies, and uses current knowledge in all areas of their own specialty or profession; is regarded as an expert; identifies and uses other expert resources as needed.
- Strategist - Understands strategic concepts; develops and influences distinctive and competitive strategies; aligns the organization with the local hospital industry to support priorities, embrace change and deliver results.
- Relationship Builder - Establishes friendly, candid and trusting relations; cultivates a network of contacts throughout the organization and community, client organizations (all levels), treats others fairly and with respect; seeks resolution of disagreements through open, constructive discussion.
- Problem Solver/Decision Maker/Executor - Recognizes problems and devises and implements action plans. Specifies goals and constraints, generates alternatives, considers risks, and evaluates and chooses best alternatives. Is results focused and maintains a healthy balance between efficiency and effectiveness. Proven ability to work well under pressure, multitask, analyze data, and think critically and creatively to solve problems. Strong self-motivator.
- Change Agent - Serves as a catalyst for initiating change and innovation within his/her organization. Demonstrates and involves others in learning about ongoing needs for change. Supports experimentation to test new approaches.
- Effective Negotiator - Demonstrates ability to effectively facilitate parties toward a "win-win" agreement; identifies key players; defines objectives, significant issues, and shared interests; determines motivational drivers and potential obstacles for all parties; communicates effectively; gains results without either party losing face.
- Staff Development & Team Building – Identifies goals and vision for group; guides individuals and teams toward priorities; clarifies roles and responsibilities of others and energizes individuals to achieve; coordinates resources and arranges organizational systems to meet objectives. Encourages personal investment and a desire to excel by others; spurs others to action; recognizes and rewards others' accomplishments. Is able to identify key talent and build a pipeline of next generation talent. Develops those employees through the application of talent management methods to include mentoring, individual development planning, and career pathing.
- Talent Manager - Employs creative sourcing and critical selection techniques to recruit and retain a high caliber, highly energized, and highly effective workforce. Recognizes individual contributions within an integrated team environment that challenges staff to deliver against high and demanding standards. Engages in multi-dimensional interaction with all levels of employee resulting in clear and understandable outcomes. Manages the workplace with a sense of vision and passion that motivates and unleashes staff potential.
- Effective Communicator - Speaks clearly and presents/expresses self well in all situations; listens to others' ideas and opinions; keeps others informed; writes clearly and concisely; extracts substance from complex issues and organizes content effectively; selects appropriate media and message for the audience.
- Able to travel on a regular basis 50% of the time and as otherwise required by business needs.
- Requires an accomplished executive with outstanding leadership, team work and general management skills with P&L responsibility
- Evidence of creativity, intensity, integrity, reasoned and thoughtful judgment, sense of urgency, a balance between analytical and intuitive skills and a willingness to "roll-up sleeves" and apply these attributes. Accustomed to working in a rapidly changing environment, able to provide inspirational leadership, and capable of making tough decisions and acting on them. Able to articulate clear, meaningful goals and focus peoples' efforts to get results
- Demonstrated strong listening and oral communication skills on an individual and group basis on all levels; excellent writing skills, negotiating skills, financial acumen and executive demeanor
- Evidence of the ability to rapidly establish credibility at all levels of the corporation, particularly at the front lines with professional and administrative personnel. Requires maturity, self-confidence and sensitivity to function comfortably and effectively in a demanding environment
- Demonstrated willingness to get into the detail and capable of evaluating operations first-hand
- Evidence of the ability to navigate the dynamics, and politics of the various personal, professional and economic considerations e.g. within staff, employee groups and client organizations.
- Has the stature to be credible with clients and senior company leadership; able to gain trust quickly.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards with unimpeachable character.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an equal opportunity employer.