The Sr Project Manager leads/coordinates the activities involved in various IT initiatives. This position performs a wide variety of Project Management tasks, including but not limited to: analyzing the project requests, constructing project plans, project plans for other technical requests, creating rollout and communication plans – all aspects of the SDLC. The role is expected to become skilled in the current functionality and workflows, and anticipate future enhancements and innovations. This position will work closely with all lines of business in MedData.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all project phases of a project using the PMBOK as a standard.
- Works with business partners and vendors to develop solutions to meet business needs.
- Ensures strategic directions of projects are in line with organizational business plan.
- Provides general oversight, leadership and technical direction.
- Accountable for the development of project documentation to facilitate sharing of project outcomes and best practices.
- Identifies possible risks with contingency plans or work-around solutions with the client on a continual basis during the project life cycle.
- Makes formal presentations to various audiences.
- Establishes procedures regarding implementation of project outcome.
- Assesses project impact on work force.
- Establishes effective professional business relationships with all levels of management
- Develops scopes of work and project plans for all assigned customers.
- Facilitates and establishes regular Project Review Meetings with the customer and internal resources.
- Develops project plans, risk/migration plans and response strategies.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Maintains and keeps in total confidence, all files, documents and records that pertain to the operation of business.
- All other job related duties as it relates to the job function or as delegated by the PMO.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be a self-starter and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience with projects involving mergers and acquisition (related to technical implications)
- Minimum of 7 years Project Management experience.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong workflow analysis, process integration and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio and other productivity tools.
- Documented experience executing projects using traditional SDLC principles as well as using PMI phases and knowledge areas.
- Experience working with, process improvement, financial and clinical software applications.
- Experience in a Healthcare environment preferred but not necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Project Management certification preferred.
- Experience managing project under one or more methodologies (i.e.: RUP, Agile, Scrum, etc.) is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an equal opportunity employer.