The Curriculum Specialist takes responsibility for planning, coordinating, developing, implementing, monitoring, and improving the various training programs at MedData. The position should be comfortable with creating and delivering various types of training programs in a variety of formats such as Web Based, Instructor Led, Virtual and more. This individual will report into the Learning & Development Department and they will collaborate with specific Operations Service Line Leaders as well as other company leaders and staff to support ongoing training initiatives. The Curriculum Specialist is expected to interact professionally with subject matter experts and internal stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct job and task analyses
- Collaborate with leaders and subject matter experts to identify organizational learning opportunities and training needs to determine recommended solution(s)
- Creatively design and develop training curricula for a variety of delivery methods using adult learning methodologies and principles of instructional design
- Track, evaluate, and improve the effectiveness of existing training and development programs utilizing reports, metrics, and assessment tools
- Coordinate, design, facilitate, and deliver training events synchronously and asynchronously as required
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Assist with monitoring employee performance and quality evaluations for training needs
- Promote training events and programs on company intranet in order to maximize attendance and participation in those programs
- Oversee departmental knowledge management sites and utilize the company learning management system
- All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, English, Business, Journalism, or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year experience as an instructor, mentor, or training specialist or equivalent in a corporate environment
- Subject matter expert with experience working with hospital insurance payors (e.g., Medicaid, Medicare, commercial insurance, private insurance, etc.) or in call centers preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate presentation and facilitation skills, including online or virtual training platforms (e.g., Skype, WebEx, GoToMeeting, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and quality awareness
- Customer service and relationship management skills
- Ability to work flexibly in a team environment
- Expertise with Microsoft Office software suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Functional skills using training and multimedia development software
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Minimal travel may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and Employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer