Under the direction of the Divisional Controller – Eligibility and AR Services, the Staff Accountant II carries out duties to support the monthly financial processes by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares journal entries for entry into the general ledger system on a monthly basis by collecting necessary data, analyzing and/or allocating costs and preparing audit support for the journal entries.
- Analyzes general ledger accounts for accuracy; analyzes accrual accounts to ensure proper accruals.
- Monitors cash flow via supervision of daily bank activity.
- Perform relevant account analysis and reconciliation to support monthly and year end close procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance and application of internal controls.
- Assists with internal and external audit requests.
- Perform regular and recurring accounting functions requiring professional competency.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by senior management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting (in addition to education requirement)
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and GAAP
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close process
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and Employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer IND123