MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Temporary Mail Clerk to work in our regional office in The Woodlands, TX. The schedule for this role is Monday - Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
The purpose of this position is to provide advocacy work for individuals seeking disability benefits through the Social Security Administration (SSI/SSDI) programs. This administrative position assists in fully developing claims for the Social Security Administration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Receives all incoming mail, uploads into Mpower and distributes to the assign advocates using Mpower barcode.
- Reviews tracker in Mpower and request medical records from onsite representatives.
- Maintains access with contracted hospitals to ensure continued access to print medical records.
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all time
- Receives invoices for medical records collaborates with supervisor to determine if check request is warranted.
- Processes all fed-ex requests.
- Research any rejected release forms from treating sources and advising assigned advocate on submitting proper release forms.
- Keeps track of what facilities that require their own release forms and maintains updated log on DA drive.
- Keeps track of our onsite contacts for medical records and maintains updated log on DA drive.
- Meeting company productivity and performance standards
- Required computer skills: must have Intermediate experience with data entry and word processing, be capable of operating routine office equipment, possess a working knowledge of MS Office applications, and understand how to navigate through web-based applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- A positive attitude that is flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong organizational skills
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an equal opportunity employer.