MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Bilingual Patient Advocate Field Representative to work in a Hospital setting located in Beaumont, TX. The schedule for this Full Time role is Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM. You will perform home vists 2 days a week in this position.
The purpose of this position is to connect uninsured hospital patients to programs that will cover their medical expenses. Working as the liaison between the patient in need, the hospital facility and government agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet face to face with individuals at their home, or other designated locations, who are potentially eligible for a government assistance program
- Complete and gather necessary application and paperwork for the appropriate government assistance program.
- Screen uninsured hospital patients in an effort to find government programs to cover medical expenses
- Follow directive from multiple MedData service lines
- Complete the appropriate applications and/or obtaining requested information
- Timely completion of documentation in both the Client and Company systems of the field visit performed
- Work all assigned accounts timely and efficiently.
- Maintain a properly organized portfolio of all client cases.
- Provide exceptional customer service skills at all times
- Participate in ongoing trainings in order to apply the content learned in dealings with patients and cases
- Prioritize assignments as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some college coursework preferred
- Prior hospital experience preferred
- Adaptability when dealing with constantly changing processes, computer systems and government programs
- Professional experience working with state and federal programs
- Exemplary critical thinking skills
- Ability to maneuver throughout the hospital and patients’ rooms for up to 8 hours per day
- Proficient experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and Outlook
- Effectively communicate both orally and written, to a variety of individuals
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Must fluently read, write & speak both English & Spanish
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer IND123