MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Hospital Intake Advocate to work in a Hospital setting located in Murrieta, CA. The schedule for this full time role is Thursday -Monday 11am-7:30pm.
The purpose of this position is to connect uninsured hospital patients to programs that will cover their medical expenses. Working as the liaison between the patient in need, the hospital facility and government agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet face to face with individuals at bedside, their home, or other designated locations, who are potentially eligible or determined a patient/family is a viable candidate for federal, state, and/or county medical or disability assistance
- Initiate the application process for benefits by assisting applicants with the completion of all the necessary paperwork and working proactively to obtain all the pending verifications; prepare applications for filing with county
- Must be able to efficiently manage time, perform clerical tasks such as typing and filing, and have knowledge of government regulations
- Obtain medical records, bills, hospital face sheets or print/copy if access is permitted
- Assist the applicant with gathering any additional reports or records, meeting appointment dates and times and arrange transportation if warranted
- Follow directive from Supervisor, Project Manager, Executive Director, and Regional Vice President
- Complete the appropriate applications and/or obtaining requested information
- Complete requested home visits as needed to acquire documentation
- Timely completion of documentation in both the Client and Company systems of the field visit performed
- Work all assigned accounts timely and efficiently
- Work with Staff Advocates, if needed, with communications and follow up tasks
- Maintain a properly organized Intake File of all client cases along with Intake coversheet with Pending items.
- Maintain structured and timely contact with the applicant and responsible government agency, in person and/or by phone whenever possible
- As per established protocols, inform the client in a timely manner of all approvals and denials of coverage
- Collaborate with hospital staff, case managers, social workers, financial counselors
- Provide exceptional customer service skills at all times
- Participate in ongoing trainings in order to apply the content learned in dealings with patients and cases
- Prioritize assignments as needed
- Work may be occasionally demanding. Must be able to deal with difficult applicants or a large volume of applicants in one day, and maintain a minimum caseload of 15 accounts which includes a minimum of 4-5 new referrals per day and be able to work off of MyDay reports on a daily basis. Excluding any application filed accounts
- DHR/hospital documentation daily of work efforts and updating of KPIs
- Some travelling is required to attempt home visits, field visits to county offices, and may be necessary to cover other hospitals
- Maintain a minimal caseload if in-house patient referrals are under 3 new referrals daily. Must maintain a caseload with less than 10% of accounts past due, and be able to work at least 20 Status Updates per day
- Must spend a minimum of 80% of time on case management
- Must have the ability to work independently and with a team
- Perform other duties as required or requested by management
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some college coursework preferred but not required
- Adaptability when dealing with constantly changing processes, computer systems and government programs
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Prior hospital experience preferred
- Professional experience working with state and federal programs
- Exemplary critical thinking skills
- Ability to maneuver throughout the hospital and patients’ rooms for up to 8 hours per day
- Proficient experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and Outlook
- Effectively communicate both orally and written, to a variety of individuals
- Bilingual Preferred
- Ability to travel within assigned territory
- Reliable transportation and insurance coverage required
- Effective time management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting. IND123
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer