MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Lien Processing Rep to work in an office setting located in The Woodlands, TX. The schedule for this full time role is Monday- Friday 8am-5pm.
The purpose of this position is assist hospitals in resolving accounts that are related to an accident. Specifically, this position is focused on the effort to file hospital liens and hospital lien amendments in accordance with various state laws. This is done by recording hospital liens with district courts, ensuring that the notification requirements of the governing statute are met, and filing releases of hospital liens once hospital liens have been satisfied. This is primarily an administrative/clerical position, but does require some phone work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize MedData’s proprietary software to generate lien documents for all liens as requested by Third Party Liability Representatives.
- Ensure hospital liens/amendments are filed with district courts, in accordance with statutory regulations, either by utilizing electronic filing portals (if made available by the court) or by mailing hard-copy lien documents to the court.
- Ensure the various notification requirements of the governing hospital lien statute are met; this includes providing notification of the intent to file a hospital lien prior to the actual filing of the hospital lien (if applicable and as indicated by statute) as well as ensuring that the hospital lien/amendment itself is mailed to all required parties, as indicated by statute, by the mailing method required by statute (certified mail, registered mail, etc.).
- Generate releases of hospital liens upon satisfaction of hospital liens, and ensure that releases are filed with the court, as indicated by statute, and that notification of releases is provided, as indicated by statute.
- Review hospital lien requests for accuracy and completeness. Approve or reject lien/amendment requests as necessary.
- Make contact with patients, insurance adjusters, and/or personal injury attorneys to obtain any missing information that is to be included on the lien document, per statute.
- Provide updates to MedData’s account management system as lien processing work is completed; most account updates for this position may be completed by completing lien processing work through various tools, which provide the necessary update automatically as the tools are used.
- Assist management with ad hoc inventory initiatives and other projects, as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Working knowledge of the hospital revenue cycle process and/or clerical or administrative work is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and compliance with State and Federal regulations that govern collection practices, such as HIPAA and FDCPA. Knowledge of or experience working with hospital lien statutes, or paperwork pertaining to other statutory regulations, is a definitive advantage.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, multitask, analyze data, think critically and creatively to solve problems. Strong self-motivator.
- Intermediate knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel
- High commitment to customer service and high levels of empathy and understanding.
- Dependable and highly detailed individual with strong organizational skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer