MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Payment Review Specialist to work in The Woodlands, TX. The schedule for this Full Time role is Monday - Thursday 6:30AM - 4PM and Friday 7AM - 11AM.
The Payment Review Specialist primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the timeliness and accuracy of payments being retrieved from various hospital systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow all approved accounts in MPower until they are paid or settled in full by reviewing the hospital system or via electronic payment files on a weekly basis.
- Retrieve payments posted in various hospital systems within the same month posted by the hospital for posting in MPower.
- Compile all relevant payment information for the Cash Posting Team for invoicing the client.
- Work payment files regularly and identifying/reporting inconsistencies.
- Progressing patient flat fee accounts in MPower to determine if they should be invoiced a flat fee amount or moved into the appropriate activity code.
- Verifying account charges in the hospital system and updating MPower as needed.
- Identify account issues and progress them to Operations Management for resolution.
- Adhere to weekly/month-end deadlines.
- Communicate with the operations team to answer or resolve any issues of payment discrepancies.
- Adheres to corporate compliance.
- Any additional responsibilities as required by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of cash posting/review experience.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, Windows and Exchange email required.
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful).
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally, as well as to interact in a professional manner with colleagues, public, and client’s staff members.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills a must
- Ability to multi-task; excellent organizational and planning skills required.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer