MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Director of Operations to work in our regional office in Spokane, WA.
The Director of Operations position functions as the operational leader of an assigned geographical region or health system and works in conjunction with RVP/VP to developing, planning, directing, and controlling broad activities needed to ensure business success. The Director of Operations complies with organization objectives to ensure financial and operating success. The Director of Operations is responsible for creating an environment that engages staff, creates quality operations and administrative processes, growth, and predictable financial performance. The Director of Operations works within the scope of authority established while supporting and adhering to our code of ethics, business standards, mission, and core values. The Director of Operations should be results focused and achieve predetermined metrics through strong employee performance. As such, the Director of Operations must be proficient in creating a team environment, developing the talents of individuals on the team and be a constructive change agent. The Director of Operations, while overseeing a broad client base is responsible for the daily activity of their respective team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with policies and procedures and applicable regulations, including HIPAA, ACA, State/Federal regulations related to operations, and labor regulations
- Lead team to achieve performance of short term goals and shares in long term planning with respective Operation’s leadership team
- Achieve financial objectives (revenue and earnings) for his/her region/business unit
- Contributes to the business development process to increase market share and sale of additional service lines to existing clients
- Monitor all departments for aggregate performance in resolving based root cause gap performance of revenue cycle activity
- Designs and implements processes surrounding eligibility, billing, third party payer relationships, collections and other financial analyses
- Develop monthly team goals with Project Managers and Supervisors
- Maintain positive relations with hospital clients
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are met
- Training and development of leaders and staff
- Analyze team needs and establish work priorities; determine workflow and establish schedules activities and avoid unnecessary duplication; distribute work responsibility, anticipate future needs, and provide guidelines for worker evaluation
- Escalate customer issues/concerns/problems in a pro-active and timely manner within reporting
- Provide client serving to assure upmost satisfaction. Maintain positive and constant communications with clients at various levels
- Ensure continuous improvement of key operational processes and personnel
- Evaluate and resolve general and specific business conditions as they relate to operational issues, and keep appropriate corporate departments fully informed
- Work in concert with RVP/VP to develop and implement strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction
- Oversee the employee evaluation process, including but not limited to performance evaluations, merit increases, and benchmark standards
- Responsible for interviewing, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Continuous mentoring of Project Managers, Supervisors, Leads and Staff
- Approve and submit team expenses
- Assist with onboarding interviewing of department personnel
- Attend HFMA, AHAM or relevant health care association seminars or conferences
- Attend relevant client meetings as requested. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- Strong knowledge of third party liability processes, rules and regulations. Strong knowledge of Coordination of Benefits.
- Ability to research trends and address positive/negative trends timely.
- May require overnight travel.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable dealing with senior hospital executives and payer entities.
- Ability to work under pressure, meets deadlines, make sound decisions, and possess strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- May provide vacation and other temporary relief for supervisory positions, as needed
- Auditing compliance with Policies and Procedures, Planning and Organization.
- Client Maintenance assuring 100% satisfaction
- Demonstrates leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives
- Analytical Skills, Time Management, Ability to Work under Pressure, Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
- Experience in organizational effectiveness and operations in implementing best practices
- High comfort level working in a time sensitive, diverse and fast pace environment
- Evidence of creativity, intensity, integrity, reasoned and thoughtful judgment, sense of urgency, a balance between analytical and intuitive skills and a willingness to “roll-up sleeves” and apply these attributes.
- Demonstrated strong listening and oral communication skills on an individual and group basis on all levels; excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated willingness to get into the detail and capable of evaluating operations first-hand
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 2-5 years of management skills preferred
- Hospital and/or applicable revenue cycle experience required
- Ability to travel, up to 25% as required by business need
- Thorough understanding and proven track record working with liability payers and Coordination of Benefit issues
- Strong leadership and communication skills, high service orientation and strong computer system and analytical skills are required, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Demonstrates and involves others in learning about ongoing needs for change. Must be adept at creating change and motivating teams through change
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Accustomed to working in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to hear, assess and prioritize client requests and concerns
- Working knowledge of computer functions including the internet and computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn in-house computer applications
- Proven track record of ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task numerous system, employee and client urgencies
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer