The Director of Software Development participates as a leader in driving strategy, architecture, and implementation of enterprise software. The position is accountable for software project portfolio management, to analyze and collectively manage current or proposed projects based on numerous key characteristics. In addition to being a technical advisor to executive team, the Director collaborates with external entities as clients, vendors, partners for driving innovation and productivity. The Director is required to be well versed in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide proactive oversight and leadership to managers/developers to deliver high quality IT services in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a highly functioning Application Development organization
- Leads managers with diverse and varying skills. Fosters the growth and utilization of the strengths and talents of the managers to achieve optimal results.
- Establish, track, and communicate relevant metrics, measures, and key performance indicators to track performance on the department and service delivery. Use performance metrics to provide continuous service improvement.
- Works with and influences other IT departments and vendors to achieve results.
- Sets and measures team and individual performance objectives, and provides regular one-on-one feedback, coaching, and staff development to all members of the team, addressing individual staff performance problems as needed. Prepare and provide annual performance reviews with direct reports.
- Ensure department adheres to policies and procedures that are compliant with industry and regulatory policies including SOC1, SOC2, PCI, and HIPAA. Provides related audit support, evidence, and remediation.
- Collaborate with business to plan project portfolio in-line with strategic business initiatives
- Manage and analyze project portfolio regularly for defining priorities, executing projects
- Act as technical advisor to executive team for driving innovation and productivity
- Acquire extensive business, technical, and procedural knowledge of enterprise software and its utility in order to lead the development effort
- Lead cross-departmental efforts to standardize and utilize software processes
- Manage multiple parallel enterprise products and development roadmaps
- Participate in requirement analysis for new projects and enhancements to current projects
- Ensure that teams have appropriate functional and technical specifications to deliver projects
- Develop strong partnerships and communication channels with key stakeholders
- Support the sales and operations management group with client relationship, including expectations and customer satisfaction
- Lead integration of software applications acquired through Mergers and Acquisitions
- Assist in Vendor Management activities like procurement, managing expectation and driving performance.
- Execute on continuous improvement of the existing software applications and architecture through agile methodologies
- Proactively keep abreast of industry developments, skills and technologies and share information, ideas and best practice with development team
- Manage resource allocation by regularly accessing the prioritized project tasks and ticket list
- Perform supervisory duties like recruiting, orienting, training, scheduling, and coaching employees; communicating job expectations
- Execute and maintain project management processes in the areas of project schedule, quality management, resource management and change management
- Communicate regularly with team members and key stakeholders about project status, decisions, actions, and risk areas
- Participate in troubleshooting, customer support and problem solving on production issues in order to solve customer affecting issues and prevent future issues
- Work with SMEs/Business Analysts/Trainers to create user guide or training materials
- Give technical presentations for new functionality enhancements to the development/operations/executive team
- All other job related duties as it relates to the job function or as delegated by senior management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 15 years of work related experience in SDLC with Microsoft Stack. If candidate has relevant education in computer science, computer information systems, or related field, lack of experience can be supplemented by education degree as follows:
- Microsoft/Management Certifications – 1 year
- Associate’s Degree – 1 year
- Bachelor’s Degree – 2 years
- Master’s Degree – 3 years
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory or management experience.
- Experience in requirement analysis, designing, proposing new business solutions, training and presentation of new or improved processes.
- Experience in portfolio management, project planning, prioritization, resource allocation and mentoring developers.
- Experience in client coordination, vendor management and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Understanding and comprehension of fundamental healthcare revenue cycle processes, concepts, and technologies is required.
- PMP or other equivalent project management certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform above listed essential job functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer