MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Team Lead - Third Party Liability (TPL) to work in an office setting located in The Woodlands, TX. The schedule for this full time role is Monday- Friday 8am-5pm.
This position is responsible for investigating, facilitating and coordinating benefits for accident claims from auto, home or other liability insurance policies. This position directly supports the Supervisor of TPL and assists with work flow management of staff and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and researches accident claims to determine possible payment sources.
- Contact various sources including patients, adjusters and other insurance professionals, attorneys and other parties to verify relevant data.
- Coordinates with appropriate client personnel to ensure appropriate filing guidelines are met for reimbursement.
- Requests appropriate information, both verbally and written, from appropriate parties to ensure proper claim disposition.
- Maintains and updates proper account documents in multiple systems.
- Performing aggressive follow up on unresolved claims and facilitates payment from appropriate payers.
- Oversee all reporting functions within the department on a regular basis. The following is a list of reports, but is not all inclusive:
- Payments (weekly and end of month)
- Reduction requests
- High dollar accounts
- Timely Filing
- Work closely with project management to identify areas of concern and bring to management’s attention for immediate resolution
- Oversee all payments received and coordinate timely with the Cash Posting Department; must maintain timely submission of all posted payments to the Cash Posting team
- Escalate ongoing issues where resolution is not taking place timely
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some college coursework preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and be able to speak professionally with patient’s and insurances
- Proven ability to be assertive in order to proactively resolve issues.
- Demonstrate ability to organize and set priorities according to situation all demands
- 1-2 years working knowledge of computer functions including the internet and computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn in-house computer applications.
- 3-5 years of related experience in the field or related area
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer