MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Software Developer II to work in an office setting located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The schedule for this FT role is Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm.
The purpose of this position is to perform Software Development functions including: develop new software applications, maintain critical business applications, enhance existing systems, perform unit and system testing, perform support and help desk tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop code in .NET Languages such as C#/VB.Net/ASP.Net
- Participate in application design by creating prototypes
- Develop applications in Windows and Web environments
- Program applications using advanced Windows/Web controls such as grid controls, document viewer, masked editors with spell check, search lookup editor, reports control
- Create common user-defined controls for code reusability
- Enhance existing WCF services
- Maintain applications that use third-party APIs such as Voice4Net, BarDecoder, GFI FaxMaker, Drools
- Maintain Code Libraries for modular, scalable code
- Debug existing code and troubleshoot for issues
- Access and Query database using ADO.NET, Entity Framework
- Use LINQ queries to extract/modify relevant data
- Authenticate using Active Directory or encrypted login details in all applications
- Implement authorization using role-based permission levels in all applications
- Program T-SQL with relational databases including currently supported versions of Microsoft SQL Server
- Write SQL queries using Joins, Cross Apply, Aggregate Queries, Table Variables
- Develop and maintain Stored Procedures, Functions and Views
- Design normalized database tables with minimum reliance from DBA
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle in a team environment
- Keep up-to-date with the latest client-side frameworks, techniques, and technologies
- Support current business applications including the implementation of bug fixes as needed
- Communicate progress through the project execution phase
- Produce technical and application documentation
- Test application feature enhancements and bug fixes
- Perform application support using third party Help Desk systems such as Kayako
- Assist support analysts with issues they are unable to resolve
- Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting customer needs in a courteous and timely manner
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years of work related experience in C#, VB.NET and T-SQL. If candidate has relevant education in computer science, computer information systems, or related field, lack of experience can be supplemented by education as follows:
- Microsoft Certifications – 1 year
- Associate’s Degree – 1 year
- Bachelor’s Degree – 2 years
- Master’s Degree – 3 years
- Experience in developing, maintaining and supporting applications using Microsoft .NET technologies with emphasis on SQL Server development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer