This position is member of the MedData Patient Pay production support and software development team. The Programmer Analyst provides production support for legacy systems. They also analyze, design and develop software enhancements and new modules as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoots production problems, performs bug fixes, and implements changes to production applications.
- Assesses user requests for new or modified computer programs to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities.
- Researches product development options and provides analysis for product direction. Creates related documentation.
- Provides support regarding product development to internal departments.
- Configures plan outlining steps required to develop program, using structured analysis and design. Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems. Submits plans to user for approval.
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Participates in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting proprietary applications and software.
- Plans and executes software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces.
- Analyzes the performance of hardware and software interfaces and identifies alternatives for optimizing the usage of computer resources.
- Participates in group reviews of work produced by programming personnel, and gives technical support and guidance.
- Analyzes workflow and participates in distribution of work to meet priorities and goals.
- Meets with IT department heads, supervisors, business analysis personnel, and user management to solicit cooperation, clarify program intent, and identify and resolve problems.
- Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Develops and interprets organization goals, policies, and procedures, and reviews project plans.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Writes manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures.
- Research and document overall systems descriptions, batch processes, flows and dependencies.
- Participates in after-hours on-call support rotation for major incidents.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Technical skills include: IBM iSeries computing, AS400 RPGLE or ILE language, DB2 database experience.
- Presentation skills.
- Problem solving.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Attention to detail.
- Four years’ experience programming.
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries systems programming and support.
- Knowledge of iSeries tools such as Zend.
- Knowledge of Data Modeling and Data Extraction.
- Knowledge of interface design and programming.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of HealthCare industry.
- Knowledge of SOC, HIPAA, PCI compliance.
- Knowledge of ITIL or COBIT controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or commensurate experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer