The Help Desk Analyst is responsible for resolving Customer Service Requests related to both software and hardware issues that are routine to moderate in scope.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
- Provides excellent customer service with problem resolution. Establishes strong working relationships with internal and external customers. Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to all help desk requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Installs personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Maintains an accurate listing of installed software and/or hardware, to insure proper licensing and accounting of equipment.
- Tracks and maintains an accurate listing of computer equipment based on asset tags for accounting and inventory purposes.
- Prepares standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident reports.
- Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce help line incident rate.
- Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid users in their work.
- Trains users on software and hardware on-site or in classroom, or recommends outside contractors to provide training.
- Performs basic Windows 2003 Active Directory Administration, basic Exchange Administration, and basic Unix, and Windows based server maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Performs basic Inter-Tel telephone system tasks.
- Provides on-call support, in accordance with the rotation schedule.
- Owns key MedData processes and works to achieve better efficiencies
- Assures work area meets the requirements of Med-Data's policies and is consistent with Federal and state patient privacy regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associate’s degree in technology and/or 1 – 2 years related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of PC hardware and software support required.
- 1+ year overall Windows 7/8.1/10 Server and Workstation operating systems administration experience.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, Windows and Exchange email required.
- 1+ years of Active Directory experience.
- Experience with Exchange administration desired.
- Experience with SQL Server administration desired.
- Help Desk experience preferred.
- Knowledge of batch files, scheduled tasks, and basic scripting a plus
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful).
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally, as well as to interact in a professional manner with colleagues, patients, public, and client’s staff members.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills a must
- Ability to multi-task; excellent organizational and planning skills required.
- Must be able to participate in the on-call rotation.
- Ability to Travel (Locally and to various US Cities, International travel ability a plus).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and Employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To join our team of 2,000 emloyees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer