MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Part time Inpatient / Outpatient Medi-Cal Biller to work in an office setting located in Anaheim, CA. The schedule for this part time role is working approximately 16-20 hours a week. The hours and days are flexible as we are open to a schedule that is mutually beneficial to both.
The purpose of this position is to prepare and submit inpatient and outpatient claims to Medi-Cal (California Medicaid) and to follow-up these claims until payment is received and/or accounts are resolved.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Process claims unbilled reports in the hospital systems and upload to MedData's system all accounts that require claim submission;
- Verify eligibility, aid code/member benefits, and TAR requirements of each claim to be submitted;
- Review UB04 information, correct claim errors, and transmit the claims to Medi-Cal for reimbursement;
- Track receipt of each claim, and periodically call or check online for claim status;
- Work MedData's claims dashboard for claims follow-up and documentation;
- Submit replacement claims for those denied that could still be resubmitted timely;
- For claims paid, verify receipt of payment in the hospital system, and review if paid in accordance with expected reimbursement;
- File Claims appeals or CIFs for underpaid claims or those denied that could no longer be resubmitted timely;
- Update both the hospital and MedData systems with the progress and outcome of the claim submission process;
- Reports and help address all barriers to successful claim submission;
- Requests adjustments to resolve correctly paid, underpaid or denied claims;
- Assist in the preparation of hospital claims report;
- Closely communicate and coordinate with the client hospitals with respect to their Medi-Cal claims;
- Respond to other tasks assigned by the department manager.
- High school graduate, preferably with 2 years college.
- At least 1 year experience with hospital (UB04) Medi-Cal billing and collections.
- Read, speak, write and understand the English language fluently
- Keyboarding skills, at least 35 wpm
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Dependable and highly detailed individual
- Willingness to learn new systems and functions
- High commitment to customer service to our internal and external clients.
- Possess a high level of integrity – must show good judgment and confidentiality at all times
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee. IND123
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an equal opportunity employer.
Search: Inpatient, Outpatient, Medi-Cal, Government, payors,