As a business analyst, you will serve as a liaison between the technical and the business community, working with business partners to analyze business requirements, and reviews/produces specifications for product or system changes. The business analyst also works with the project delivery team in an agile structure to ensure that they understand the specifications and will act as a thought partner who shapes requests from the business community into actionable, meaningful changes to products/systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the analysis of product or systems changes my evaluating, advising, and documenting systems change requests to ensure product changes are feasible, useful, and align with the roadmap.
- Coordinates with IT and business sponsors on during and after the business council process to evaluate development effort from a systems feasibility perspective while also providing systems expertise and cost/benefit analysis.
- Ensure that the project sponsors expectations are translated into clear defined scope.
- Responsible for end-to-end coordination, ensuring the requirements, needs, goals and expectations of the functional stakeholders are met accurately and timely.
- Evaluate all options available and identify the pros and cons of each option as they relate to product enhancements, system processing, business processing, time and cost and recommend the best possible solutions and estimates
- Coordinate and develop with business units to complete all requirements gathering exercises for assigned projects and produce user stories and requirements
- Author and present business requirements, user stories, and other documentation related to changes to the product line to stakeholders, technical team members, and business partners. Integrate business rules and business data with technology.
- Partner with scrum or Kanban team members to identify sequence, estimate risk and impact of proposed changes, and produce user stories.
- Coordinate with IT/QA, scrum masters/project managers, business owners and product team members to ensure test plans and test cases are comprehensive.
- Provides guidance on a continuous basis to team members in the areas of product life cycle, operating procedures, processes and practices.
- Creates risk management plan to identify, analyze, monitor and respond to risks associated with the project to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget.
- Participate in reporting meetings (Monthly Status Reports, etc.) so that all administrative coordination points between cross functional departments and projects are informed/updated regularly.
- Communicate project status weekly to team, business owners and executive leadership as appropriate throughout the duration of assigned projects and through post implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Business Analysis Professional with Project Management experience- SDLC, Agile Scrum, Kanban delivery.
- Experience in MS Office applications, JIRA, Confluence, and other systems.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving and problem finding skills. Ability to identify a problem, analyzes the source problem, verifies and validates the source problem, and recommends viable solutions.
- Ability to communicate information of a complex nature to mid-level management (written and verbal) in easy to understand business language.
- Strong ability to interact with and use relationship management skills with project stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills-oral, written and presentation.
- Extensive knowledge of agile business analysis and user experience design tasks with a focus on client usability experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of Lean delivery and integrated systems project work to drive business results and operational performance.
- Strong ability to provide solution assessment and validation including proposed solution assessment, organizational readiness, transition requirements, solution validation and performance.
- Able to understand business functionality and translate it into project requirements.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into operational and project requirements.
- Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations.
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project inter dependencies
Intellectual curiosity and the ability to challenge thought partners across functional areas to better understand their needs.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products.
- Ability to partner with peers, project team, and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions.
- In depth understanding of the various project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
Education and Qualifications
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Healthcare, Accounting or any related field from an accredited institution
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer