This position is responsible for all aspects (software and hardware) of the organization’s server infrastructure and related systems. Recommends, implements, and maintains server architectures and acts as project manager for migrations and server farm builds. Remotely manage and maintain infrastructures at multiple data centers and Cloud-based resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports various IT systems, including server infrastructure, PCs, OS, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Checks systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures.
- Troubleshoots systems failures involving hardware and software to determine the causes and possible solutions; implements solutions to resolve problems.
- Maintain awareness of HIPAA/PCI/SOX controls and regulations which affect MedData’s infrastructure and participate in change management procedures and protocols.
- Establishes and maintains network user accounts, user environment, directories, and security.
- Coordinates maintenance of server hardware, OS security, and application software.
- Own the MedData Enterprise Patch management process and Server security posture.
- Keep track of warranties and service agreements.
- Perform weekly Data Center maintenance (i.e., backup tape rotation, server installs, etc).
- Participate in MedData’s systems/network monitoring systems and trouble ticket systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MCITP, MCSE, MCSA and CCNA certification a plus.
- Technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including routers, network switches, LAN/WAN protocols, such as DNS, DHCP, SFTP, SSL, VPN.
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Technologies including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Server 2008 R2, through 2016
- Exchange 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server, including SQL 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014.
- SharePoint and IIS 8.5.
- Active Directory and ADSI Edit including cross-functional forests and trusts.
- Strong knowledge of server virtualization, specifically VMware Enterprise Plus.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft PowerShell scripting or other applicable scripting technologies.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office / Office 365 and browser-based applications.
- Healthcare and Finance sector knowledge preferred.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
- Be the primary Stakeholder for IT Projects.
- Keen attention to detail with proven analytical, and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to multi-task; excellent organizational and planning skills required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an equal opportunity employer.