The Infrastructure Administrator provides technical design, implementation and maintenance of complex enterprise architecture framework and strategies into robust operational production systems. The Administrator is responsible for researching, recommending and guiding improvements across the infrastructure service layers of network, storage, server, virtualization, and operating systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for making recommendations to improve the infrastructure roadmap strategies including standardization and modernization of legacy environments.
- Analyzes the risks, benefits and opportunities associated with architectural strategies, and champions a balanced approach with a focus on operational functionality.
- Interacts with departmental teams, in the design and development of infrastructure building blocks for simplicity, availability, performance, integrity, stability and scalability of enterprise systems.
- Leads technical discussions to mentor peers on design standards, implementation strategies and best practices.
- Provides expertise in problem solving, and champions root cause analysis during systems outages, and a methodological approach to troubleshooting.
- Engages with management, infrastructure peers, business and project stakeholders to understand system requirements and advises stakeholders on options, risks, business impacts and cost-benefits.
- Works with application and infrastructure teams to evolve and mature MedData’s IT infrastructure
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communication skills – able to speak to and demonstrate technical requirements to peers and Management. Create documentation and visuals that explain complex ideas to executive and regulatory audiences.
- Applied knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks, methods, and tools
- Applied knowledge of network and security technologies
- Applied knowledge of server hardware and virtualization technologies
- Applied knowledge of Unix/Linux server operating systems
- Applied knowledge of cloud technologies
- Applied knowledge of database server infrastructure technologies
- Applied knowledge of high availability infrastructure designs and methodologies
- Applied knowledge of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning
- Minimum of five years in an engineering and architectural role
- Healthcare and Finance sector knowledge preferred
- Technical Certifications preferred (Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, ITIL)
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an equal opportunity employer.