MedData has an excellent career opportunity available for a Team Lead to work in a Hospital setting in Kansas City, KS. The schedule for this Full Time role is Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
The Team Lead is responsible to lead a team of 6-8 employees working toward securing federal and/or state disability benefits for claimants. This position is focused on training, coaching and facilitating team assignments and performance to achieve essential performance metrics. The Team Lead functions as a subject-matter expert on a specific portion of the disability claim process and serves as the first-level for claim escalation and conflict-resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage initial eligibility determination of SSI/SSDI candidates and the appropriate completion of necessary federal documentation needed to pursue disability benefits
- Ensure the team is securing the information necessary to determine if the individuals meet Social Security’s non-medical and medical criteria
- Manage a work queue of approximately 100 claimants
- Collaborate telephonically with individuals who have pending applications for Social Security Disability (SSI/SSDI) benefits (to include state and local government agencies and nationwide Medical providers)
- Gather of all required documentation to include state, federal and medical treating records
- Ensure claimants most current information is secured with all required agencies to include, company systems, state and federal agencies
- Review and process medical documentation for submission
- Research methods to overcoming roadblocks in the SSI/SSDI application and follow up process
- Review individual and group performance metrics related to both quality and quantity; provide regular, constructive feedback to employees
- Conduct initial training for new employees as well as ongoing training for current employees
- Provide ongoing coaching/process-expertise to enable employees to thoroughly research and exhaust all available methods/resources to establish eligibility and/or efficiently process claims
- Facilitate and/or resolve first-level escalated claims and high-dollar accounts. Provide expertise on team/process-specific tasks. Request DA [TEAM] Supervisor assistance, if needed
- Mediate and/or resolve first-level employee conflict situations/issues; request DA Supervisor involvement if corrective action is needed
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all time
- Develop strong rapport with employees on team
- Provide regular performance summary data/reports and process improvement recommendations as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some college coursework preferred
- 1 year supervisory/leadership experience (preferred)
- Working knowledge of SSA medical listings, POMS, and SSA grids
- Customer service experience
- Basic understanding of entire federal/state disability application and appeal process
- Strong computer skills, including data entry, database systems, web-based applications, utilizing multiple programs simultaneously, and working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail, critical-thinking, evaluation, and problem-solving skills
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer