This position is responsible for driving the new client integration process through to completion; managing customer technical contact communications, including setting expectations and identifying, tracking and resolving client issues. This is a very dynamic position with responsibilities in multiple facets of the solution delivery process requiring the candidate to exemplify a “best practices” approach in all project responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as client-focused consulting professional able to analyze detailed customer issues. Communicates regularly with Client Services, Operations, Executives, clients, hospital and vendor contacts.
- Works with hospital technical staff, as well as internal clients to implement interfaces between MedData and hospitals, in support of client processing, to define and clarify specifications, establish connectivity, and determine file scheduling needs.
- Determines best solution for obtaining hospital placement and demographic information, and returning any data required by the client contract.
- Obtains information needed to populate MedData production systems prior to integration. This includes SQL programming and batch processing requirements as needed.
- Performs configuration and integration setup and testing activities, including SQL programming for data imports and exports.
- Works cross functionally to anticipate and remove technical barriers to project success. Drives project technical issues through to resolution.
- Prepares documentation describing new client contacts, escalation paths, SLA’s, interfaces and other processes.
- Provides post project/Integration support activities as needed.
- Provide after-hours support for urgent business situations as needed.
- Maintain and communicate current and accurate project status information.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic and batch Scripting.
- Knowledge of Windows environment.
- Ability to manage SQL processes including creating and maintaining stored procedures, tables and functions within MS SQL Server.
- Proficiency in T-SQL programming.
- Familiarity with LAN, WAN, connectivity issues and web based applications.
- Familiarity with secure file transfer methods.
- Familiarity with HL7 ADT and DFT transactions.
- Familiarity with audit and compliance practices, such as HIPAA
- Ability to create and maintain file parsers.
- Must have a customer service attitude with the ability to build positive relationships with the clients and internal constituents.
- Ability to interact with tact and diplomacy with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and organizational levels.
- Ability to proactively communicate effectively both written and verbal, as well as to interact in a professional manner at all times.
- Possess excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills required.
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office and other productivity software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an equal opportunity employer. IND123