MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Lead Patient Advocate to work in a Hospital setting located in Rockledge, FL. The schedule for this Full-Time role is Monda-Friday; 8AM - 4:30PM
The purpose of this position is to connect uninsured hospital patients to programs that will cover their medical expenses. Working as the liaison between the patient in need, the hospital facility and government agencies. Provide mentoring to Patient Advocates and communicate with clients to ensure effective functioning of the operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage follow up and resolution of complex cases or those requiring the appeals process
- Act as a mentor for other Patient Advocates and assisting in the training process for new staff
- Being a resource for Patient Advocates questions related to process, programs, payers, etc…
- Escalate any problems or concerns to Supervisor, Regional Director and/or Director of Operations
- Screen uninsured hospital patients in an effort to find government programs to cover medical expenses
- Complete the appropriate applications and following through until approved
- Detailed, accurate and timely documentation in both MPower and the hospital systems on all cases worked
- Provide exceptional customer service skills at all times
- Participate in ongoing trainings in order to apply the content learned in dealings with patients and cases
- Maintain work queue of patient accounts, as assigned
- Collaborate with hospital staff, case managers, social workers, financial counselors
- Attend assigned meetings with the client as needed
- Assist in preparation of any reports that will be distributed to the client
- Provide mentorship to other advocates as assigned by Project Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Some college coursework preferred
- Ability to demonstrate effective staff training
- Case management experience preferred
- Adaptability when dealing with constantly changing processes, computer systems and government programs
- Professional experience working with state and federal programs
- Exemplary critical thinking skills
- Ability to maneuver throughout the hospital and patients’ rooms for up to 8 hours per day
- Proficient experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and Outlook
- Exemplary communication skills, both orally and written, to a variety of individuals
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to function and make appropriate decisions in a fast paced environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer