MedData has an excellent career opportunity available for the ideal Director of Operations candidate to work in Phoenix, AZ.
The Director position functions as the operational leader of an assigned geographical region and works in conjunction with RVP/VP to develop, plan, direct, and control broad activities needed to ensure business success. The Director complies with organization objectives to ensure financial and operating success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with policies and procedures and applicable regulations, including HIPAA, state/federal regulations related to operations, and labor regulations
- Lead team to achieve performance of short term goals and shares in long term planning with respective leadership team
- Achieve financial objectives (revenue and earnings) for his/her region/business unit.
- Contribute to the business development process to increase market share and sale of additional service lines to existing clients
- Escalate customer issues/concerns/problems in a pro-active and timely manner within reporting structure
- Ensure continuous improvement of key operational processes and personnel
- Evaluate and resolve general and specific business conditions as they relate to operational issues, and keep appropriate corporate departments fully informed
- Work in concert with RVP/VP to develop and implement strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction
- Oversee the employee evaluation process, including but not limited to performance evaluations, merit increases, and benchmark standards
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting, Healthcare Management, Business (MBA/MHA) or related business field
- Three years’ experience in hospital revenue cycle management industry
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience leading at least 10 people
- Strong leadership and communication skills, high service orientation and strong computer system and analytical skills are required
- Must be adept at creating change and motivating teams through change
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Accustomed to working in a rapidly changing environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn computer applications
- Knowledge of HIPAA, ACA and EMTALA regulations
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task numerous system, employee and client urgencies.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Requires track record of outstanding leadership, team work and general management skills with budget and accounting practices
- Evidence of creativity, intensity, integrity, reasoned and thoughtful judgment, sense of urgency, a balance between analytical and intuitive skills and a willingness to “roll-up sleeves” and apply these attributes.
- Requires maturity, self-confidence and sensitivity to function comfortably and effectively in a demanding environment
- Demonstrated willingness to get into the detail and capable of evaluating operations first-hand
- Has the stature to be credible with clients and senior company leadership; able to gain trust quickly
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer