MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Patient Advocate to work in a hospital setting located in Columbia, MO.
The schedule for this full-time role is 8am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday.
The purpose of this position is to connect uninsured hospital patients to programs that will cover their medical expenses. Working as the liaison between the patient in need, the hospital facility and government agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Screen uninsured hospital patients in an effort to determine if patient is a viable candidate for federal, state, and/or county medical or disability assistance.
- Complete the appropriate applications and following through until approved
- Detailed, accurate and timely documentation in both MPower and the hospital systems on all cases worked
- Provide exceptional customer service skills at all times
- Participate in ongoing trainings in order to apply the content learned in dealings with patients and cases
- Maintain assigned work queue of patient accounts
- Collaborate with hospital staff, case managers, social workers, financial counselors
- Answer incoming telephone calls, make out-bound calls, and track (via MPower) all paperwork necessary to submit enrollment and renewal for prospective Medicaid patients.
- Maintain structured and timely contact with the applicant and responsible government agency, by phone whenever possible or as structured via the daily work queue.
- Assist the applicant with gathering any additional reports or records, meeting appointment dates and times and arrange transportation if warranted
- Request home visits as needed to acquire documentation
- As per established protocols, inform the client in a timely manner of all approvals and denials of coverage
- Participate in additional training requirements in an effort to stay abreast of the ever changing rules and regulations associated with the various governmental programs
- All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred except where required by the client
- Some college coursework preferred
- Prior hospital experience preferred
- Adaptability when dealing with constantly changing processes, computer systems and government programs
- Professional experience working with state and federal programs
- Exemplary critical thinking skills
- Ability to maneuver throughout the hospital and patients’ rooms for up to 8 hours per day
- Proficient experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and Outlook
- Effectively communicate both orally and written, to a variety of individuals
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
MedData believes in making a positive impact not only within our industry but also with our employees –the organization’s greatest asset. We take pride in offering comprehensive benefits in a vast array of plans that contribute to the present and future well-being of our employees and their families.
Just some of the benefits we offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA, FSA
- Paid Time Off: Up to 3 weeks first year PTO plus 7 paid Holidays
- Employee referral bonus program
- Teamwork: We believe in teamwork and having fun together
- Career Growth: Gain great experience to promote to higher roles
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of tasks, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer