MedData is a technology-enabled services organization that improves financial outcomes for hospitals by enhancing the patient experience and expanding their access to healthcare. The MedData managed services program includes a range of patient access and communications, revenue cycle management, and consulting and analytics solutions for healthcare systems, including billing, coding, patient balances, eligibility and enrollment, third party liability, and mobile apps. At MedData, we take great pride in our company, in each other, and in our 30+ year history of accomplishments and success. This pride is reflected in our everyday approach to working together. Each team member understands the importance of being part of a company that values their individual contributions and strives to help them achieve their personal goals as they work together to achieve the broader corporate goals. We believe that every team member contributes directly to MedData’s growth and success, and we are constantly searching for new talented, passionate and enthusiastic people who will take pride in being an integral part of our culture.
Use this form to perform another job search
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Patient Services Representative to work in a state-of-the-art call center located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The schedule for this Full-Time role varies.
The Patient Services Representative is responsible for clear, concise, and professional communications with patients, guarantors, and insurance companies. PSRs are responsible for resolving patient accounts efficiently and thoroughly while providing exceptional customer service, while utilizing multiple systems and aids to problem solve and educate callers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers phone calls from patients, guarantors, and insurance companies.
- Researches accounts to provide correct balance, payment, and insurance information, as well as educate callers regarding insurance billing and payment options.
- Recognizes and resolves insurance and billing errors.
- Brings patient’s accounts to resolution via immediate payment in full, setting up payment plans, post-dating payments, finding insurance, or offering settlements or discounts, as well as recognize appropriate reasons for patients to dispute balances.
- Keeps informed and up to date on the proper procedures and protocols for each of our providers.
- Makes outbound calls to patients or guarantors regarding past due balances as well as to advise them of information given to us by their insurance or the provider regarding their accounts.
- Documents all work performed in accurate and concise manner according to MedData best practices.
- Handles all calls with efficiency and accuracy as well as exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities.
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual is a plus
- Professional, accurate, clear and concise communication
- Detailed and thorough
- Positive and encouraging attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer IND123